The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

What did John Reynolds just say?

John Reynolds, former British Columbia Conservative/Canadian Alliance MP and current National Co-Chair of the Conservative re-election campaign just made a comment on Mike Duffy Live that I imagine will go rather unnoticed by most media outlets.

When discussing with Joy McPhail (NDP strategist and fomer BC NDP Minister of Health) and Martha Hall Findlay (future MP in Willowdale) tonights vote on the Liberal motion to guarantee a pull out of all Canadian troop frm Afghanistan by February of 2009, the comment made by Minister O'Connor was raised. For those who do not remember, he said on Mike Duffy Live yesterday that Canada will be at war for at least ten years. Mike Duffy clarified that he was not just referring to Afganistan but other missions such as Darfur. Obviously both Ms. Hall Findlay and Ms. McPhail raised concern because Darfur has never been talked about with anyone. This is where Mr. Reynolds made the comment that everyone should be aware of.

When given the opportunity to rebutle, Mr. Reynolds made the statement, and I am quoting here, "We don't know what will happen in Iran or Iraq."

Now, I'm no political expert, but this sounds to me like a thinly vailed implicated that Canada may potentially send troops to either or even both Iran or Iraq. I imagine luckily for the Conservative Party, Mike Duffy cut off any response an ended the segment. But perhaps someone could shed some light on this for me. Because I remember rather recently Harper saying Canada will never send troops to the Iraq. Well, here is one of his right hand men not ruling it out.



On a side note, I wish Peter Mackay good luck in his effort to free Huseiyn Celil from his Chinese prison cell. Perhaps he can do something right during his term as Minister.

5 Comments:

Blogger Un Progressiste / A Progressive said...

Thanks for that note from Mike Duffy Live. It should be noted and sent to the Liberal Party or the Coderre because if this high level Conservative is thinking about Iraq... we should be aware! Also that thing about ten year is scare because the Defense Minister was also refering to alot of years...

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't make too much of it.

Every time I see John Reynolds on Mike Duffy, he always seems to try and just talk as long as he can on any subject he can.

It doesn't really matter that he rambles, jumps from subject to subject that have no relevancy and then prances up and down, he just tries to occupy as much air time as he can to evade certain questions.

As long as he's talking, he's king, or so he thinks...

11:18 PM  
Blogger Woman at Mile 0 said...

I think we may be in Iraq already.
http://thegallopingbeaver.blogspot.com/2007/03/mackay-says-canada-is-involved-in-iraq.html

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we have been involved in iraq since the get-go..but only our navy. reynolds' statement was shocking though.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that last one was me, canuckistanian...damn this beta crap!!!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home