The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Abbas: Israeli soldier to be freed

PARIS, France (Reuters) -- Cpl. Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier held by militants in Gaza, will be released soon, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said in a television interview on Friday.

"We are undertaking efforts to free Shalit and these efforts will soon come to fruition," Abbas told France 24 television.

Shalit was seized last June in a cross-border raid from Gaza into southern Israel.

"We are optimistic. He will be freed soon," Abbas said.

However, he gave no specifics and previous comments by him about Shalit have not been followed by the soldier's release.

Abbas said there were also 9,500 Palestinian prisoners held by Israel who should be released too, although he said the two issues were not related.

[courtesy CNN.com]


It truly is a shame that Abu Mazen feels he needs to negotiate with the Israeli government on the release of prisons. This is just further proof that Israel does not have a partner for peace.

But the good news is that Cpl. Shalit will finally be released -- hopefully alive and well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing! How is the exchange of 9,500 PRISONERS for a kidnapped soldier remotely the same?

While I agree that Israel does not necessarily have a peace partner, that should not preclude them for trying. I don't buy the whole Bush/Harper approach. You don't make peace with your friends you make it with your enemies.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home