The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy Green Day!

The CBC stated today on St. Patrick's Day that Green (get it?) Party Leader Elizabeth May will be running in the Nova Scotia riding of Central Nova currently held by Foreign Affairs Minister Peter Mackay. I have a few thoughts on this circumstance.

I think this shows that Ms. May has set her sights on a realistic goal. That being an attempt to support a Dion-led Government. One would assume this is why she chose not to run in her home riding of Cape Breton-Canso; currently held by Liberal Rodger Cuzner. Also why she has been talking to local Liberals regarding an unseating of the Conservative Government. I will say this to her. It certainly is ballsy. She obviously feels she can take this riding from Mackay. However, I am not 100% certain how likely this goal is. The last time around the Liberal and Greens together only got 11020 votes in the riding, while the NDP got 13861 and Macky got 17134. Presuming the Liberals do not run a candidate here (an action that I have mixed feelings on) May would have to a strong amount of votes from the NDP and Conservatives to just pull ahead of Mackay.

But should she loose to Mackay (who undoubtedly has a race ahead of him) this will give her an extremely high profile and may in fact get her into the leaders' debates. (Although, I'm not too sure how strong her french is.)

So I say good luck to her. And hopefully she can assist us in replacing the current Prime Minister.

2 Comments:

Blogger mcpable said...

She hasn't got a chance against Mckay. A Cape bretoner should run in a Cape Breton riding and even though she is running as the leader of the greens - she in my opinion would garner a lot of votes there and probably win a seat. She has more understanding and makes more sense than Dion's group of far left enviro-wackos, even to a Conservative like me. She is also well liked by most other politicians.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I would have to agree that she has very little chance against Mackay, however, no party really has the right to speak on strategically placing candidates. We all know that Jim Prentice is originally from Timmins (Ontario) and not Calgary (Alberta).

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home