The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Yale Shmale

Lakehead University located in Thunder Bay and Orillia, Ontario has just released its new ad campaign. This is it.

I'll let that sink in for a moment.

Now I do agree that there is some humour in. And many of you know that I am no fan of the American President. However, this new ad scheme is ridiculous. Everyone (at least in Northern Ontario) knows that Lakehead is one of the most left leaning universities in Ontario -- certainly the North. But it doesn't matter. I do not care what kind of students you are attemping to attract (obviously Lakehead is attempting to avoid conservatives), this is not constructive. As someone who considers himself, at least, moderately on the left (at last check anyway -- the jury has been out as of late on that one) this does not help the cause.

Those of us who oppose President Bush need to stop poking fun at his intelligence. HE WENT TO YALE! And even if that isn't proof enough for you; he won two elections that no one expected him to win... twice.

So I so to the left, please, give it up already. Attack the right's policies and actions. They have made plently of mistakes in such areas. But to attack a person's intelligence is, quite frankly...just lame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home