The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hon. Ralph Goodale endorses Rae

November 28, 2006 - Ottawa - Bob Rae today welcomed the endorsement of Ralph Goodale, MP for Wascana and former federal cabinet minister, in his campaign for the leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada.

"Bob Rae has demonstrated throughout his career a commitment to finding the right public policy solutions to the priority issues we face as a country," said Mr. Goodale. "He brings experience, an ability to bring people together for the common good and is committed to seeing an inclusive, united Liberal party. Bob has also demonstrated a concern for issues of importance to Western Canadians. Whether it is trade, agriculture, transportation or innovation and skills training, Bob brings expertise, insight and a desire to work with Canadians to ensure all provinces can reach their potential, in partnership with the federal government."

"I am honoured to have Ralph Goodale's support," said Bob Rae. "He has served as a Cabinet minister and Member of Parliament with distinction and dedication on behalf of his constituents and all Canadians. He has a powerful reputation for integrity and for fiscal responsibility. Ralph and I both believe in a party that is united, and that unified we can and will defeat Stephen Harper. I am pleased that we will be working together to that end."

Ralph Goodale was born in Regina and obtained a law degree from the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. He was first elected to the House of Commons in 1974, serving until 1979. In 1981 he became leader of the Liberal Party of Saskatchewan. In 1993 he was elected again to the House of Commons, this time serving as Minister of Agriculture, Minister of Natural Resources and Minister of Public Works and Government Services in the government of Prime Minister Jean Chrétien. In December 2003, Prime Minister Paul Martin named him Minister of Finance. He is currently the Liberal House Leader.

[Courtesy of BobRae.ca]

This is a happy day for me. My final post before heading out to leadership, and its to announce a brand spanking new endorsement. I've said many times I was disappointed Ralph Goodale never chose to run for leadership himself, and here he is endorsing my guy. The endorsement of a former finance minister who once balanced the budget should finally end the idea of Bob Rae as a bad fiscal manager. Things are looking good.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

F-in eh!

Go Ralph! I hope to see him this weekend. I'd like my copy of Maclean's autographed :D

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I'll see you there.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

canuckistanian, that is something we both agree on.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home