The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Olmert, Abbas to Meet; No Political Progress Possible Without Shalit's Release

Israeli PM Ehud Olmert said last night after a meeting with British PM Tony Blair that he is prepared to meet the Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

"I have no conditions or prerequisites for such a meeting," Olmert said, in an apparent policy shift. He added, "It may even be helpful with regard to Gilad Shalit," who was captured June 25. However, Olmert emphasized that there could be no political progress with the Palestinians until Shalit is free and stressed there could be "no shortcuts" in enacting the road map, which he said calls for the dismantling of Palestinian terrorist organizations as an initial step.

Abbas is also ready to meet with Olmert. Following his meeting with Blair in Ramallah, Abbas said he wished to express the Palestinian "readiness to resume serious negotiations fully" and that he was "ready to meet Prime Minister Olmert without prior conditions, and we are ready to begin immediately the preparations for this meeting."

[Courtesy Vital Perspective]

A rather slow news day, I thought I'd throw this new post from Vital Perspective out there.

It's good to see that peace and the release of Gilad Shalit are potential. And as I have always said a potential go between needs to find its way to exist. I'm not his biggest fan, but if Tony Blair can find a way to leave this as his legacy than I have no problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home