The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

TTC suspects province is plotting a takeover

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/269896

An interesting article from the Toronto Star. Personally, I'm not sure where I stand on this. If Toronto can't handle their transit system than someone needs to deliver it to Canada's most populated city. But what kind of president would this set? Is Montreal in the same category? Or Vancouver? Or Ottawa?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Montréal the STM and ATM are both run by the province, while the suburban transit systems are run by the towns. Planning for the Transit System however, is the responsiblity of the city.

In Vancouver, the city's transit system is run by a board known as Translink. Traslink consists of memembers of council from each of the cities in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Translink also manges the roads in the city as well.

In Calgary the city runs the Transit System. But in Calgary the Suburbs are part of city limits.

So yes in all the other cities the entire region pays for the Transit Service. This could be a good idea, but I still say the city should have a strong arm in running the services too.

Also while they are at it, the Province should take over the Gardiner Expressway and Don Valley Parkway.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home