The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

St. Francis Xavier Prof. Returns

I wanted to avoid posting anything about what is currently occuring in Tehran in an effort to avoid giving it power. However, this is something that made me smile.

"It is a brutal shock to be associated in any way to that conference or to be lending it credibility."

That was a statement made by St. FX President Sean Riley upon the realization of St. FX political science Prof. Shiraz Dossa's attendance in Tehran. (The only Canadian delegate in attendance by the way.)

Yvon Grenier, chair of the political science department has gone on to condemn Dossa's actions, refering to him as and a "hack and lunatic."

Frankly -- a personal opinion -- this kind of person does not belong in Canada. He wasn't born here. Use this as precedent to have him deported. Call that "unliberal" is you like. But I simply will not stand for hate in my country -- our country.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

I understand what you're saying. However, this is a country of freedom of thought, not freedom of speech. This man's presence in Tehran amounts to a hate crime. He or anyone like him (see the KKK, etc.) do not belong in Canada.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home