The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Friday, December 08, 2006

Statement from Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion Regarding the Anti-Semitic Comments Made Against Bob Rae and Arlene Perly Rae

December 8, 2006
The hateful comments made against Liberal leadership candidate Bob Rae and his wife Arlene Perly Rae at the Liberal leadership convention in Montreal are reprehensible and will not be tolerated within the Liberal Party of Canada.

Canada is a nation founded on diversity and tolerance for people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds. The Liberal Party of Canada celebrates and promotes this diversity and tolerance.

There is no room for abhorrent comments such as these within our Party. The individuals who made these despicable and prejudiced comments are condemned by myself and Liberals throughout Canada.


I would like to commend Stephane Dion for taken the initiative and condemning the awful anti-semitic, rascist comments made about Bob Rae. As a candidate in the coming election, M. Dion has a responsibility to defend those on his team. And it shows a lot about the man that he can come to Bob's aide despite being former opponents. Thank you M. Dion. Everyday you give me more reason to follow you into the next election and beyond.

8 Comments:

Blogger Darren McEwen said...

I'm glad he commented on this too. He could have just moved on and let it go but it was a wise move to go back and show leadership on this issue.

6:37 PM  
Blogger S.K. said...

Ms Rae and the CJC called on Liberals to sign a petition endorsing Rae because he is a Jew or at least his wife is. This petition was disgusting and implicitly states that other people don't deserve your vote because they are not married to Jews.

Ms Rae and the CJC are simply reaping what they sowed on this one.

Neither opinion has any place in Candian politics. The CJC's petition disgusted me as a JEw.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Of course he is going to defend them, whether they're running or not any leader that doesn't condemn anti-semetic comments wouldn't even make it on the stage. I don't think it speaks to Dion specifically

7:32 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

To s.b.:
The CJC has the right to endorse whomever they chose. They chose Bob Rae. Asking the Liberal grassroots to endorse that fact is not out of the ordinary.

To steve:
You would think that. However, rarely do they. And I commend M. Dion for doing so.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Yappa said...

I think she spells her name Perley. Did Dion really misspell her name?

9:59 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Nope. Her name is spelled, P-E-R-L-Y. Just like Perly's map books.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Kevrichard said...

arg I hate it when religion gets mixed in with Politics it always messes things up.... really the liberal party didn't need old wounds re-opened after the whole Ignatieff fiasco. I hope Dion gets this issue settled quickly.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

I agree. And I'd say Dion has done a fine job so far of trying to nip this. This ball is really in the courts of the Canadian Arab Federation and Canadian Jewish Congress now.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home