The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Murderer only gets 2.5 years

Some have accused me of being soft on crime. Others have accused me of being hard on crime. Here is one point where I hope I get it just right.

An 18 year old murderer was only sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for the murder of (than) 18 years old Tanner Hopkins. This is because he was only 16 at the time. As such the most he could have gotten for litterally stabbing this young man in the back twice while drunk was 4 years in prison. This is (although within the limits of the law) a flagrant lack of justice. Robert and Charryn Hopkins were robbed of the life of their eldest son. After going through a tragedy that no parent should ever have to experience they sat and watched this boy get only 2.5 years to make up for it. To boot they were forced to have this child give them the sarcastic comment, "Are you happy now?"

The Conservatives campaigned on being tougher on crime. I await their changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home