The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Is Jewish support for Liberals eroding?

This blog is a response to an article found on the front page and continued on the eleventh of today's Globe and Mail.

The simple answer to this question is yes. Support for this party which I have called home for nearly six years of my life is quickly fading. Much is the Jewish population in this party is distressed over Mr. Graham and ten of the eleven leadership candidates' inability to show their full support for the Israeli defensive.

Many feel lost in a party that since the era of Cretien has not shown its full support for Israel -- the shining example of democracy in the Middle East. This war was an opportunity for the Party to show Jewish Canadians their full support for Israel; possibly taking Conservative votes in the process.

They messed up. Too many Jews are now, as someone I met at Nick Nicolaides BBQ said to me, "Conservative votes waiting to happen."

The only question remains is, when and will the Liberal Party of Canada do anything about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home