The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Helena Geuergis lack of knowledge

At this very moment I am witnessing Ms. Geuergis ask the question, "Where were Bob Rae and Gerrard Kennedy when other Liberal leadership candidates attacked Israel?"

To that I say I don't know where GK was. Defending Borys W.s of the world I suppose. However, Bob Rae was right there giving the clearest and most balanced statement on the Middle East. And to clarify that expect a copy of it here ASAP.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Could you let go of your bias for even 2 minutes...think straight.

Geuergis was singing from the hymn book that Harper put out. They are trying to bring out people like you...back your candidate, do not address the absolute nonsense that the PM has spoken.

We all get your support for your candidate...but this is not the time to divide.

The PM was wrong, period. We must all show that he was wrong and trying to divide.

If you join this choir, you're on the wrong path man.

Rae had clarity in his response...you do not.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gerard Kennedy made it clear that he did not support Borys w's comments.
He also has made clear statements that he supports the state of Israels's right to defend itself.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

To knb:
I must say I've avoided being attacked on my pro-Rae bias until now. So kudos to being the first.

As for Geuergis, I agree that she is speaking from Harper's hymn book, however, I must defend my clarity on the issue. She attack my candidate. I defended him through my only means. Mr. Rae did the same when Harper came at every Liberal candidate in stating that they are for the most part anti-Israel.

To anon:
I had yet to hear that GK had distanced himself. Could you provide a link?

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is old news.

From Kennedy's website:

Hezbollah is a terrorist organization and should not be negotiated with - unless and until they repudiate violence and recognize the State of Israel. We will continue to support the State of Israel's right to defend itself within the boundaries of domestic and international law - like all democratic countries. We will however, proudly restore Canada's tradition of always first seeking to find the peaceful resolution to conflict.

From Joan Bryden, CP, Aug. 23, 2006:
All 10 Liberal leadership hopefuls, including Wrzesnewskyj's preferred candidate Gerard Kennedy, stepped up earlier this week to condemn the original remarks and their apparent endorsement of Hezbollah.

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question is, now that you have been proven wrong, will you appologize amd remove your attack on GK or will you continue to give Harper's misinformation credibility... guess we will have to wait and see.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

To anon:
That is a fine statement. However, as I was unable to locate it on Mr. Kennedy's website I will simply have to assume that no forgery was involved.

But more to the point. The statement does not distance Mr. Kennedy from the anti-semitism that is so prevelent within his campaign. (And that goes beyond Borys.)

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home