The Jordan Glass Times

New issues will be released whenever I have something to say.

Name:
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

I am a twenty one year old student currently in my fourth year of a double major in history and political science with a minor in religious studies. I was raised in Thornhill and now now live in the beautiful Northern Ontario city of Sudbury. I am proudly political. Which you will have no problem noticing. You will also find that I am proudly Zionist and proudly Liberal. Of note; my opinions are not reflective of any candidate I may be attached to, nor are they intended to insult or be libelous to any person, place, or thing.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Carolyn Bennet throws her support behind Bob Rae

Vancouver - September 15, 2006 - At a press conference today in Vancouver, the Honourable Carolyn Bennett, federal Liberal leadership candidate, medical doctor and former Minister of State for Public Health and medical doctor, announced her support for Bob Rae.

“I have decided to support Bob Rae’s candidacy because of his progressive vision for the country. Bob and I both recognize the urgent need for practical reforms to health and health care as well as for our party and our Parliament. Bob has also championed an independent Canadian foreign policy, and a progressive, fiscally prudent economic and social agenda, both of which I strongly support. His values, priorities and vision best correspond to those I laid out in my campaign, and I enthusiastically throw my support behind him”, said Dr. Bennett.

Dr. Bennett has run a strong, ideas-based campaign, focused on democratic renewal and the broad range of issues related to public health. She has been a consistent and strong advocate for women’s issues throughout her Parliamentary career and in this campaign.

“Carolyn has set an important agenda in this leadership, grounded in core Liberal values. She understands the challenges of Canada’s health care system and has advocated sensible, thoughtful, ideas to improve the system. I am honoured and deeply pleased she has decided to support my candidacy. And I will continue to champion the issues and reform ideas Carolyn has put on the table”, said Bob Rae.

In closing Dr. Bennett said: “Bob is by far the most experienced candidate in this race. He is passionate, articulate and energetic. He has the best sense of the country and its complexities, which he gained the hard way-- through 30 years of public life at both the federal and provincial levels. Over the course of this leadership campaign he has earned the respect of Liberals at the grassroots level. I am confident he is ready to lead this party and fight the retrograde policies of the Harper government in the next election. Bob will make an excellent Prime Minister of Canada”.

Dr. Bennett has represented the riding of St. Paul's in Toronto since 1997. She joins Maurizio Bevilacqua as the second leadership candidate to endorse Bob Rae’s campaign.

[That message courtesy of BobRae.ca]

I know this is late, but I was out last night at the Pub when I got this news.

Let's be honest folks, you can throw out all the accusations you want, but the number speak. So far every leadership candidate to drop out has thrown their support behind Bob. You can give me all you want about Rae Days, but it doesn't matter. Experienced, intelligent people are backing Bob. And I am proud to count Ms. Bennet among those.

In fact I see no problem in now admitting that I had considered her as a second choice. (Although, I was very certain that she would never make it that far.) In all my time speaking with Carolyn she has astounded me. Her constant defense of universal healthcare (an issue close to me) has always made me proud to be Canadian. I usually say that you should not make a former doctor a Minister of Health, because they always come into the job with their own predetermined interests. But in this case, I would be proud to see Carolyn as our next Federal Minister of Health. She is truly and intelligent woman.

Moreover, I want to state that I am proud of her defense of the state of Israel. From visiting there and being a constant strong voice in the name of their world renouned trauma centres to her release just recently calling for the resignation of Borys W. She will make an excellent addition to Team Rae and an excellent Minister in the future Rae Government.

Welcome aboard Carolyn!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only two - suspiciously I might add.

Carolyn Bennett has betrayed her principles and I am disappointed in her.

This smells of Chretien thugs to me.

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn Bennett has now just made a fool of herself. She said she got into politics because of Bob Rae's failed health policies just a week ago.

What did John Rae and Power Corp offer her?

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

This is obviously a case of jealousy. Bob is obviously running a stronger campaign than those other precieved front runners. Carolyn has flatly stated that she knows that Bob Rae should be, and will be, the next Prime Minister of Canada. Perhaps she had little faith in the Bob Rae of the early 1990s, but we are in a different time and this is a new Bob Rae. Carolyn knows he will defend the future of Canada's publicly funded medicare system.

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jealousy? Give your head a shake. Rae has proven he can't lead (Ontario premier).

He has no apologies and few regrets - what a smug arrogant jerk. No regrets for those who suffered during his tenure?

If Bob Rae wins, I will not vote Liberal - I've voted Liberal all my life.

Something smells in his campaign.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Jordan said...

Bob Rae has proven his leadership skills on numerous occasions. From his report on post secondary education in Ontario to the Air India bombing to his many other associations with Liberal governments Bob Rae has shown he has what it take to lead. The fact that he was once a New Democrat does not change that.

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home